FREE Curbside Meals for 100% Online Learners & Any Child Under 18
Capistrano Unified School District is not responsible for food once it has left district pick up sites. For heating & storage recommendations, please refer to instructions found in bag or visit this link.
In addition to our Monday meal distribution at our office, meals for 100% online learners & community children are also available at 5 locations from 10:00-10:30 AM at:
- NEW PILOT SITE! Aliso Niguel High School (28000 Wolverine Way, Aliso Viejo)
- Cordova Park, Mission Viejo (El Retiro & Nogal)
- Hidden Hills Park, Laguna Niguel (Golden Lantern Street & Hidden Hills Road)
- La Zanja Street, San Juan Capistrano (La Zanja Street & El Camino Real)
- The Village of San Juan, San Juan Capistrano (Village Road & Shadybrook)
COMING SOON! Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) 2.0
What is P-EBT?
Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) provides food benefits to help families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals!
- P-EBT is run by the California Department of Social Services in collaboration with the California Department of Education.
- Funds to purchase groceries are given on a card similar to an EBT card.
- Children can continue to receive FREE meals at school or meal kits for home while also receiving P-EBT benefits.
Who can receive P-EBT benefits?
In order to receive P-EBT benefits, a student must qualify during school year 2020-21 for free or reduced-price meals based on one of the following:
- Free or reduced-price meal application
- Participation in a benefit program (CalFresh, CalWORKs, Medi-Cal) as identified through direct certification
- Status of homeless, migrant, or foster
How do I receive my benefits?
The next round of P-EBT benefit cards will be mailed to qualifying students beginning in April through June. This time there is no online application – qualifying students are automatically mailed their P-EBT benefit cards based on their mailing address on file at their school.
***PARENTS: MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS ON FILE AT SCHOOL (PARENT PORTAL) IS CORRECT!***
- Parents with multiple students must ensure all of their students’ addresses on file are correct.
- If your address in the parent portal is not correct, call your school office.
Where can I get more information? Who can I call for questions?
- If you have questions about your P-EBT benefits, call the P-EBT Helpline at (877) 328-9677. This number cannot assist with questions about P-EBT eligibility or issuing new benefits.